clearing severe weather alerts
Our severe weather alerts through the Vivint touchscreen panel are one of the coolest life-saving features we support here at Vivint. Each time your panel issues a severe weather alert, you will receiving a beeping notification message warning you and your family to take cover. This service is awesome during an emergency, but once danger has passed, you might be interested in turning the beeping off. To do this, you’ll need to clear the alert from your panel just so your system can confirm that you got it. To clear a severe weather alert, complete the following steps:
- Go to your Go!Control touchscreen panel.
- Choose the Security button from your home screen.
- Next to the Menu button, a yellow box with a warning symbol will appear.
- Choose the yellow box with the warning symbol to view all of your current system alerts.
- Choose OK to acknowledge that you have received the alerts. This will stop the panel from beeping, and once the National Weather Service dismisses the severe weather warning, the message will disappear from your home screen.
Want to know more about our products? Visit vivint.com/en/support/products or call our awesome Customer Care team at 800.216.5232.