Keep your holiday presents secure
There’s just something about a tightly-wrapped, gleaming Christmas present that brings smiles to the faces of children and adults alike. In the end, that’s what makes all of the crowd-fighting, hours of internet-scouring, and expense worth it– the joy that comes from watching a loved one open a gift-well-done. Unfortunately, there are increasing threats of break-in burglary to your holiday joy– especially during this season. Burglars know that families are stocking up on the latest and greatest for their loved ones and that they’ve spent considerably large amounts of money in hopes of evoking Christmas grins. And they are ready to cash in on that generosity. But you do not need to worry anymore! You’ve got the best defense around to protect your bow-donning bundles of joy. Here are some ways you can take advantage of your automatic door locks to make sure that your loved ones are not left present-less and glum when it’s time to open presents:
- Set up an automatic schedule for your locks so that they lock themselves before you go to bed and when you leave in the morning. You can get some instructions on how to do by clicking here.
- You can also set them to lock automatically whenever they’re left unlocked for 30 seconds. Click here for instructions to enable auto-lock.
- Program your phone to notify you when the doors are locked or unlocked.
- Set up individual passcodes for each member of your family. This way you can see who’s coming and going and when, and you can know which family member you need to remind to keep the doors locked.
- Program your doors to lock in both away and stay modes. Then you can be assured that you’ll be safe from break-ins, even when you’re at home asleep.
Now that you’ve tightened up your home’s security, you can go back to thinking about which color of ugly sweater looks best (or worst) on you rather than worrying about your precious presents being snatched by unwelcomed hands. Happy and safe holidays from the Vivint Smart Home team!