carbon monoxide safety

carbon monoxide safety

Written By

The Vivint Smart Home Team

Paige Gomez / Rome, GA: “Several months ago, we purchased a Vivint security system. We initially bought it due to concern over break-ins. A carbon monoxide detector was also part of the purchase. Last night, we had a gas leak from our gas water heater that we would never have known about if the system hadn’t detected it. When the fire department showed up in less than 5 minutes, we had a reading of 55. (75 and you start passing out). The fireman told us that there was a good chance without the system that we would not have woken up this morning! I am very pleased with your company! Last night, the system paid for itself!”
Trevor Bolin / Fort St. John, BC: “I went home for lunch one afternoon and I shortly after I arrived, my Vivint alarm went off and alerted me of high carbon monoxide levels. A Vivint agent called me, told me that they received a carbon monoxide alert and urged us to get out of our house. I told them everything was fine, but they sent the fire department anyway. Good thing they did! The fire department found that the carbon monoxide level in our boiler room—which is right next to our kids’ playroom—was at 189ppm. There’s a good chance that none of us would have woken up. I’m so glad Vivint recommended that we exit the home—and that they recommended we place our carbon monoxide detector in the boiler room so that it could detect a problem before it reached the rest of the house. I’m also glad that Vivint contacted the fire department even though I said we didn’t need them.”