charge up your thermostat
As you’re checking and replacing batteries during daylight savings, it may be time to refresh the batteries in your Smart Thermostat. Read on for simple instructions on how to do it:
- Turn your thermostat off by pressing the Mode button on the side of your thermostat once.
- Remove bottom cover. The thermostat comes in three sections: a top panel, a middle panel that includes the display, and the bottom section. To remove the bottom section, pull one side straight toward you until it comes free with a popping sound, then pop the other side out and remove the section cover. Make sure that both sides have come free before pulling the cover away.
- Once the cover is removed, you will see two batteries; the third battery is hidden behind the others.
- Remove all three old batteries.
- The thermostat takes three double-A batteries (3 AA). When putting in the new batteries, the positive side of the hidden battery should point right. The positive end of the two upper batteries should point to the left. Once the new batteries are correctly installed, the thermostat display should return.
- Carefully replace the bottom section cover making sure that each side snaps into place.
- Press the Mode button three times to return to your previous thermostat settings.